Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reading the Signs

You don't need to be a Boy Scout or a trained tracker to recognize the signs:

1) Purchase Orders for new equipment have been put on hold
2) We've been told not to perform any more drawing approvals for equipment currently on order
3) Engineers assigned to this project have suddenly started work on other projects
4) The head office has gone radio silent
5) Key personnel who have recently left have not been replaced

Yep, I doubt that this project will continue much longer. Bad project economics and some poor decisions by management have conspired to kill it. I have my parachute packed and am ready to go.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch, sorry to hear that, but good planning :-)

Peripatetic Engineer said...

Not to worry. I'm an engineering hired gun. A new assignment awaits back in major oil on a deep water development in the GOM. My fling with green energy is O-V-E-R!

Unknown said...

Great site. How can I follow you? Feel free to check my energy blog: http://energyandmoney.blogspot.com/