Thursday, May 12, 2016

Cooper's Colors

Murphy describes his recent application of the Jeff Cooper color awareness system. I always carry when crossing the Big Muddy into Orleans Parish and, while I try to keep to Yellow, it usually isn't too long before I am forced to go to Orange.

One December, me, my wife and the three grands were catching a pre Christmas lunch on Canal Street. They don't realize it, but I take up an over watch position in the rear of the group. As they are walking and talking I see a couple of "youts" cycling on the sidewalk. And they are looping back and forth among the pedestrians. Orange Alert! When we got to the restaurant I asked them if they had seen these kids on bikes. No, they had not. I was sure those kids were looking for a fast purse snatch and scoot. That's why I do what I do. Oldest grand and wife get it. They know not to walk on my right. hand side and that I will be tail end charlie and that I will stand at the rear of the car until all are safely inside.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, NOLA hasn't changed... Sigh