Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Big Brother is Watching

British Air recently started direct flights from New Orleans to London. My wife and I booked it to visit our Grandson who is in Italy and also decided to apply for Global Entry to ease our passage through the TSA and Immigration. On the way to our interview with the Border Patrol, I noticed a billboard near the airport advertising direct flights to Frankfurt. I didn't catch the airline so I did a Google search to find out which airline it was. Turned out it was Condor Airlines, a German airline that flies to vacation spots. When I open the Book of Face the next day, up popped an ad for Condor Airlines. They are watching!

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, they are, and so is Google, Yahoo, and every other search engine... sigh

Clay said...

Most of those ad sites are tracking your Gmail account or your Facebook account.

One item of interest:
https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/facebook-container-extension/