Monday, February 24, 2014

The Eagles - Compare and Contrast

The Eagles brought their "History of the Eagles" tour to New Orleans last night. Our son provided tickets (7th row, floor) for my wife and I as birthday presents. The Eagles is one of our favorite groups. We had seen the "Hell Freezes Over" tour in 1995. When they returned in 2003, I had to be in London so my sister in law got my ticket. They put on a great show. This one was all Eagles hits - no Don Henley or Glenn Frey solo album songs. No fancy props or pyrotechnics. Just music.

They came to fame as my career was getting started and they were part of the soundtrack of my life. For your entertainment, here are two versions of  "Take it to the Limit. The one below was done in 1977 and was sung by Don Felder before the breakup.

 This one was done in 2013 as part of the "History" tour.

 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, music from another 'age' and lots of fond memories there... :-)