Monday, August 8, 2011

RNC Phone Solicitation

I got a call last night from the RNC soliciting donations. I quickly informed the caller that I would not be donating this year. He then tried another sell and asked if I would donate at a more moderate level. That did it.

"I will not donate to the Republican Party because they totally failed to get government spending under control. The proof of that is in the current melt down of stocks. What makes you think I want to give money to the very guys that caused my 401k to lose 25% of its value?

IF I donate, it will be to the Tea Party. BUT DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN!"

And seriously, folks, a chipmunk could beat Obama at this point.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Agreed! dammit...

The Lost Goat said...

I never give any of the big political organizations money any more (except, I admit, for the NRA) because I just got them to stop cold calling me since I donated in '08. I hate being cold called for money, and they would not stop after repeated requests (a problem with multiple organizations).

This time around, I'm donating to candidates only, not organizations.