Monday, April 20, 2009

On Her Majesty's Table

As I travelled around the world, there was one condiment that seemed to be universal - Tabasco. I could be in a grass roofed lunch shack in Brazil and find a bottle of the fiery liquid on the table. Cajuns had probably introduced it to the world as they travelled in the oil industry and it was everywhere from the deserts of Arabia to the Amazon jungles.

We learned this weekend that Tabasco has been approved for a Royal Warrant of Appointment as a supplier of goods to the Queen of England.

I like Tabasco, and am not afraid to use it, but when I travel, my favorite condiment to carry with me is Crystal.

1 comment:

tom said...

I always liked the Louisiana one that says "Original Louisiana Hot Sauce" on it, but then I mostly grew up, as much as I ever grew up, on the West side of the Sabine. Dunno why, but no form of Tabasco branded sauces ever really did it for me and I have friends that can't live without it. Maybe it has something to do with growing up pouring salsa and pico de gallo on things?

It works in a pinch though, if there's nothing else to spice stuff up.

Maybe I should try a bottle of Crystal?

Happy eatin',
Tom