Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Glenlivet Nadurra - 16 Year Old

I have almost everything I desire so when people ask what they can give me for Father's Day, Birthdays or Christmas I tell them scotch whiskey. As a result I have a nice collection of single malts that I don't sample nearly often enough.

The other day I went looking in the pantry and I found this whiskey by Glenlivet. Nadurra is Gaelic for "natural". It is batch produced at cask strength and is not filtered. Therefore, it may get cloudy when cold or poured over ice. I prefer it as God intended, straight out of the bottle at room temperature so this is not an concern for me. It is aged in casks that previously were used for bourbon.

Here are the tasting notes that Glenlivet puts out:

Color: Pale gold
Nose: Fresh, intense and fragrant
Palate: Crisp, with hints of peach and vanilla
Finish: Long and dry with licorice tang

I would agree with those except that I can't discern the peach, vanilla or licorice they describe. It is, however, a very smooth drink.

No comments: