Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Root Canal - FAIL

An old root canal got infected and I had to spend yesterday afternoon at the oral surgeon. He performed a root-ectomy to remove the troublesome appendage. The remaining 2 roots will hold the tooth in place.

The procedure involved cutting off the root at its base and then grinding it smooth. It was remarkably like a welders helper knocking off metal clips and then grinding them smooth, only with cleaner tools.

In two days I've been stabbed in the knee and hammered in the mouth.

The stitches are in and the pain pills are in my pocket. Me go bye bye for a while.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh man, I'm NOT about to complain about my week... Hope you get better soon!

The Lost Goat said...

Feel better soon!

Novelty Pens said...

First the Right Main Bearing and now the root canal failure. I'd say it's time for vacation... or is that called a tune up?